Responsibilities include check-in and checkout of hotel guests; answering the telephone; providing information about hotel services and tourism information about the city; responding to and resolving guest complaints; etc.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of guests, employees and management.
· Excellent organizational, computer, cash handling, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· Very strong oral and written communication skills.
· Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide outstanding guest service.
1. Ensure cash float is balanced at the beginning and end of each shift.
2. Ensure all registered guests have enough payment via credit check report and have the proper identification presented.
3. Ensure all daily arrivals are gone through and special requests are taken care of.
4. Checkout guest accounts ensuring proper billing, postings and revisions are properly performed and logged.
5. Ensure all guest complaints or concerns are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
6. Ensure all packages for guests are logged / delivered promptly and efficiently.
7. Assist guests with hotel and area information or any requests they have.
8. Assist with arranging transportation and the storage of guest luggage.
9. Check-in guest reservations ensuring proper billing, postings and information is correct.
10. Ensure shift audit balances and paperwork is all accounted for.
11. Be able to complete room blocking, wake up calls, baggage check in/out and be able to reconcile master group accounts.
12. Understand our different customers and their varied needs and expectations (corporate, leisure, FIT, convention, tour or airline).
13. Understand room availability inventory and what the rate programs or up selling
strategies of the hotel are.
14. Knowledge of hotel facilities, hours of operations and local attractions.
15. Knowledge of companywide marketing programs and incentives.
16. Other tasks assigned by Management.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15
Expected start date: 2023-09-17