ILAC is recruiting Invigilators/Proctors for our English tests in Downtown Toronto. Testing takes place Monday to Friday. Invigilators are required to be available at least once a week at any of our transit-accessible locations. Currently, we are located at 425 Bloor Street East, 5th floor, with more transit-accessible locations to follow.
Most shifts are 12:00pm to 4:00pm or 4:00pm to 8:00pm. The rate is $20 per hour.
A minimum one-year commitment is required. Please do not apply if you cannot make this commitment.
· Clear spoken English and ease in reading aloud to a group
· Friendly but authoritative approach to dealing with clients
· Ability to pay attention to detail and follow strict instructions
· Ability to stay on schedule and maintain standards of excellence
· Trustworthy, conscientious, and reliable
· Very professional attitude
· Ability to enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Sensitivity in dealing with clients from a wide range of backgrounds
· Physically able to cope with extended periods of standing and light furniture movement
· Processing candidates through extensive security screening
· Administering tests to standard by following test day protocols
· Maintaining the validity of the test by ensuring all rules are upheld
· Managing clients to ensure all receive a standardized, positive test experience
Interview and Training
· Selected applicants will be required to attend a group interview.
· Those who are successful at the interview will be invited to attend a training session.
ILAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility to Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted, please advise should you require accommodation during the hiring process
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Remote interview process, personal protective equipment provided or required, temperature screenings, social distancing guidelines in place, sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- What is your weekday availability?
- Why does this role appeal to you?
- How many years can you commit to this position?
- Public speaking: 2 years (preferred)
- education field: 1 year (preferred)
- invigilator role: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)