WAINWRIGHT REXALL#7516 at 118-10 St, Wainwright, AB
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single Rexall employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps people in your community and beyond. And by choosing to belong at Rexall, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance the profession of pharmacy.
At Rexall, Canada’s leader in Pharmacy Healthcare, the Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for patient greeting, dispensing prescription medications, and answering any general questions from patients and referring to a Pharmacist when required. You must be able to take on tasks as required as you are the front face of our company providing the highest amount of service by:
- Assisting the Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of patient prescriptions
- Evaluating the legality of, interpreting and inputting all prescriptions, labels and consent forms to ensure patient information is up to date and in the pharmacy’s computer system
- Completing documentations such as third party management and reconciliation, filling prescriptions, printing, invoices, etc.
- Monitoring inventory levels and identifying approaching and critical expiry dates
- Assisting with cashier responsibilities as required
- Having a can-do attitude when tasked with responsibilities
- Being a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Being available to work some Saturdays, and until 6 pm, with the potential for some evening shifts.
- Having a valid Canadian Driver's License
- Being able to stand for the majority of your shift and being able to lift 12 kg
- .Being able to complete other duties as assigned by the Manager or on-duty pharmacist.
Previous pharmacy experience or related training is beneficial, but not mandatory. Ultimately, if you have the right attitude, we can team you up with our colleagues who have the same passion and teach you the rest!
Job Type: Part-time
- Wainwright, AB (Preferred)
- Canadian Driver's License (Required)
- English (Required)