The LCBO is currently accepting applications for Casual Employment for the position of Warehouse Workers to work in LCBO’s Distribution Center in Ottawa.
At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our customers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential.
- Are you looking for a flexible work schedule?
- Interested in part-time work?
- Do you want to work with your hands and be physically active?
We are currently looking for people who can reliably and enthusiastically thrive in a busy process-oriented warehouse environment. You will be performing Distribution Center functions in the area of Shipping, Receiving and Order Processing. You will play an important to help get our products out to stores across Eastern-Ontario.
This job requires you to be independent, resourceful and a team player. You will be asked to perform many different tasks, working with people across the organization.
The current pay rate is $15.94 per hour, with variable afternoon and evening hours.
What are the Qualifications?
- Warehouse duties are very physical in nature and require loading/unloading of cases (cases weigh 40 lbs./18 kg up to 60 lbs./27 kg) for an extended period of time
- Picking, assembling, and palletizing store orders and operating material handling equipment (MHE)
- Repetitive movement and lifting of cases varying in weight
- Standing for extended periods of time and being able to reach, climb, bend, twist, and walk
- Ability to work various and/or rotational shifts may be required
- Performing clerical functions; and other assigned duties as required
- This position requires the ability to speak and read English, as well as proficiency in working with numbers normally acquired through the completion of a Secondary School Education. These abilities will be tested as part of the hiring process
- Canadian Safety Association (CSA) approved safety footwear is required
Shift rotation may be required as well as overtime and weekend work.
The Ottawa Retail Service Center operates Monday – Saturday. We are currently looking for Warehouse Workers to work the following shifts:
- Afternoon Shift (4 pm to 12 am)
- Midnight Shift (12 am to 8 am)
Applicants will be required to provide an original criminal record check, at their own expense, prior to commencing work with the LCBO. The valid criminal record check document must have been issued no more than six (6) months prior to the first day of employment. Criminal record checks can be obtained by attending your local police department or by using an online platform provided by a third-party supplier such as Sterling Talent Solutions. If you choose to attend a local police department to procure your criminal record check, please be aware that pricing and processing time will vary by location.
To explore this challenging opportunity, please apply online at www.lcbo.com/careers, to Human Resource Services, LCBO. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.