Department: Facilities Department
Current Shifts: Primarily Evenings, Monday to Friday, 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Must be available and willing to work, days 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.,
weekends and on-call as scheduled
The Facilities Department ensures that the hospital’s equipment, spaces, structures, and infrastructure continue to support the hospitals mission of providing the highest possible quality care and experience for patients and their families.
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Plumber inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fitting and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water and drainage systems of the hospital. The Plumber also performs repairs and maintenance throughout the facility and assists other skilled trades where required. The Plumber works in accordance with the Ontario College of Trades training standards and GGH’s mission, vision, values and policies.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities: _
- Valid Ontario 306A Plumber’s Certificate of Qualification
- Five (5) years practical experience
- Institutional experience preferred, with hospital experience being beneficial
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical gas piping systems and equipment, as well as heating and cooling piping systems and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with required tools for trade
- Demonstrated knowledge of Building Automation Systems would be an asset
- Ability to read and update blueprints
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in other maintenance trades in order to assist in other duties as assigned to assist those trades
- Physically able to do frequent bending, walking, standing and lifting up to a maximum of 50 lbs
- Able to climb ladders up to 20 feet
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment including emergency situations_
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with GGH staff, patients, families and physicians_
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
In pursuit of GGH’s vision of exceptional care, innovative partnerships and healthier communities, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of teamwork, respect, accountability, compassion to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.25 to $29.41 /hour