Executive Director, SW Middlesex Health Centre
The SW Middlesex Health Centre is seeking a dynamic and charismatic Executive Director to join its team. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly qualified and motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in this highly respected organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing, organizing and coordinating operations for the Centre. This includes, but is not limited to, all financial and accounting processes, computer systems, human resources, building/grounds maintenance, procurement services, asset replacement, tenant relationships, policy and procedure development and the overall organization and operation of the Centre. As executive director you will ensure the achievement of current and long-range goals and provide direction and guidance for all activities in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors. You will work in partnership with the Centre Medical Director to build solid relationships with physicians and work to ensure physician and related programs align with Centre goals. The position requires the individual to establish a positive, accountable and collegial working relationship with the Board. The successful candidate will also build and maintain quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners and foster a healthy work environment through effective communication and leadership practices that build trust and commitment, and that support, value and empower people.
A thorough understanding of the healthcare environment would be an asset in this position. The successful candidate will possess broad experience with a full range of administrative functions and operational systems support. The individual will also assist in the development of short and long range operational and capital plans.
The Executive Director will develop strategic partnerships and alliances with local and regional healthcare providers and community-based organizations, foster community engagement to help deliver the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the organization and contribute to the Centre brand.
Located in beautiful, growing Mount Brydges, Ontario, the Southwest Middlesex Health Centre is committed to excellence in the provision of health care services, education and research. We are a not-for-profit charitable community governed family medicine clinic. We are a teaching unit of the Department of Family Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University and provide comprehensive primary care for our patients while providing medical education for medical students and family medicine residents. We provide a wide variety of services including primary care, pharmacy, and laboratory services as well as many allied health services as a member of the Thames Valley Family Health Team.
Skills & Qualifications Education Qualifications
· Demonstrated experience in effectively leading change
· Excellent communication skills
· A track record of innovation
· Excellent and proven interpersonal skills
· A strong business acumen
· A credible leader who acts with integrity
· Financial planning experience; audit function and preparation knowledge
· Experience with MS Office and financial management software
· Experience of medical management systems an asset
· Minimum five (5) plus years supervisory experience and proven leadership abilities and performance management experience demonstrated leadership ability
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a constantly moving environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt styles to situational demands
· Strong integrity, ethics and commitment
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
· Professional Accounting designation (CPA) or significant experience with public accounting and payroll functions required.
. MBA would be advantageous
· Knowledge of provincial OHIP billing and Accuro EMR is an asset
· Current drivers license and vehicle (4.5 days per week, on site)
To be considered for this exciting leadership opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence by email to the Chair of the SMHC Board.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months and proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Application deadline: 2022-02-14
Expected start date: 2022-03-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
The Health Centre is following all Board of Health recommended protocols for the protection and well being of our patients, employees and Medical Staff.
- Health Care or Not for Profit sector Management: 5 years (required)
- CPA or relevant experience in accounting and payroll? (required)