Looking for a rewarding career with a locally owned and operated business?
COBOURG HOME HARDWARE BUILDING CENTRE is a family oriented, privately owned home improvement and hardware store with a focus on making customers for life and building our Home Hardware family.
We are looking for mature individuals to join our front end Cashier team. This will be in a part time capacity.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers.
· Excellent communication skills
· Willingness to learn.
· Excellent mathematical skills.
· Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team atmosphere
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate all point of sale equipment, including cash register and Moneris terminal with sufficient speed and accuracy.
· Follow proper procedures according to store policy regarding returns and refunds.
· Ensure customers have had a positive shopping experience; take steps to rectify if they haven’t.
· Answer phone in prompt fashion and take messages, according to store policy.
· Assist those customers who need advice, information, or directions.
· Maintain price information (flyers, in-store promotions etc.) for references when customer price inquires arise.
· Be familiar with items in stock, yard inventory, including product use and operation.
· Watch for theft and take action, according to store policy.
· Tabulate sales at the end of the day and/or end of your shift and remove cash from register in accordance with store policy.
We offer a very competitive wage with an opportunity for growth.
Our team consists of outstanding individuals with positive attitudes, superior people skills with a willingness to learn and a passion for customer service.
If you want to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please submit your resume by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Part-time hours: 25 - 32 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- retail: 3 years (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cashier: 1 year (Required)
- Operate all aspects of the register, including cash and card transactions, scanners, and scales
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer, ensuring that all transactions are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Answer any customer inquiries, and use your knowledge of store layout and product content to give directions as needed
- Assist customers with bagging and carrying products as needed
- Maintain a clean work environment, keeping register clear for incoming customers
- Other duties as requested