Job Title: Bilingual Customer Service Representative Job Category: Clerical/Data Entry
Department/Group: Customer Service/Operations Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Provides customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner. Initiates and/or implements corrective action within company policy as needed to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Must have the ability to multi-task and handle difficult, time sensitive and confidential issues. The team’s objectives are to develop and recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department.
Answer phones in a call center environment, general customer inquiries, responding to customer requests, resolving customer complaints, inputting customer orders by fax/email /Internet, scheduling and coordinating shipping, Return Authorizations, general filing. Project a professional company image in person and through phone/email interaction. Perform tasks within the department’s standard operations procedures and reaching acceptable productivity levels.
Primary Responsibilities/Core Functions:
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Enter customer order(s) in computer system accurately, provide product and service information.
- Up selling complimentary items.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues - follow-up on and solving customer issues and/or inquiries.
- Call /email customers to advise order delays / order fill – stock checks online at available mills.
- Maintaining/upkeep of product knowledge, customer contact information.
- Assisting customer at pick up counter.
- Maintain assigned customer accounts.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
3-years progressive customer service experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent - reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Excellent French & English verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications and experienced in Microsoft Office. Duties require professional verbal and written bilingual communication skills and the ability to type 30 wpm.
- Bilingual, Customer Service, Product awareness, Quality Focus, excellent organizational skills, Strong Problem Solving, organize priorities, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking, ability to work in a fast-passed Multi-tasking environment, ability to work independently and within a team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- English, French (Required)