About Gatekeeper Systems Inc.
Gatekeeper Systems Inc. is a leading provider of high-resolution video security and safety systems for mobile applications. We design and manufacture a range of digital recorder products that utilize the latest embedded processors, video compression technologies and playback applications to meet the demanding needs of commercial and military market spaces. Visit our website at www.gatekeeper-systems.com to learn more about what we do.
About This Opportunity
The organization is located out of Gatekeeper's head office in Abbotsford, BC. We are expanding and are seeking a full-time Intermediate Developer - Full Stack. This role involves programming applications and services. You must be able to write clean code to ensure our programs run properly and address requirements. You should be able to convert requirements into functional and user-friendly functionality as well as understand distributed application development, the separation of data storage and business logic. You are passionate about building software and perform well working in a team with developers, engineers, testers, and installers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend development design and review meetings so the following can be accomplished: Create design documentation describing the design to be implemented/Provide software builds as per schedule/Interact with test personnel describing your implementation and assist in the design of test strategies
Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in programming applications and services
- Three to five years of direct experience with Windows and Linux-based software systems
- Exposure to full life cycle product development
- Hands on experience with following technologies: C++/C#/Database programming using MY SQL (PL-SQL) and MS SQL (Transact SQL)/Creating installers/Accessing windows registry programmatically/TCP/IP, Winsock and multi-Threading/Windows services/Windows performance monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Linux and the following Microsoft OS’s, Windows 7 through 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or 2016
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- SCM experience utilizing bug tracking and source code versioning systems: JIRA/Bitbucket
- Attention to detail
- An ability to communicate and work in a team
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Python
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work hours
- Professional office environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please respond to this posting with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)