Victoria Lifeline is the #1 Medical Alert Service in the province and has been helping Manitobans age in place safely for the last 30 years. Working at Victoria Lifeline is more than just a job - it’s a calling to build a healthier community by supporting the independence and well-being of older adults and people living with disabilities.
With purpose-built technology, Victoria Lifeline’s personal alert buttons give people the confidence to go about their everyday activities knowing they have access to immediate help. We proudly provide service to over 350 communities across the province and have helped over 40,000 people since we installed our first subscriber in 1988. Victoria Lifeline can make a real difference in people’s lives, which impacts our staff in meaningful ways. Join our team and help us achieve our mission of empowering people to live life on their own terms.
We are seeking an individual who will educate subscribers and/or caregivers about the features and benefits of Victoria Lifeline services and install the requested equipment in the home. Our Field Development Sales Specialists need the ability to establish rapport with families; they need to be knowledgeable about our products and services and how we support health and safety situations in the home; and they need to be skilled in professional issues such as confidentiality and record keeping. The Field Development Sales Specialist will increase overall awareness of Victoria Lifeline within his/her community. The Field Development Sales Specialist must have his/her own transportation and a valid driver’s license. A flexible schedule is also necessary.
If you have the following personal attributes, you may be the ideal person to fill this rewarding position.
- Empathy. Do you have the ability to identify with others, to feel what they are feeling, and make them feel respected?
- Are you able to listen and identify with your customers and then translate their needs into solutions?
- Do you possess an appropriate sense of urgency to bring situations to a resolution?
- Optimism. Do you take initiative and maintain a positive outlook towards situations and people?
- Self-motivated. Do you enjoy sales as a profession and have clear ideas on what you want to achieve?
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent command of English; verbal and written
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and implementation skills
- Computer literacy
- Experience working with seniors is an asset
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter (preferably by email) in confidence to:
4-1875 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2G7
Victoria Lifeline is a community service of the Vic Foundation. All proceeds are reinvested to advance healthcare in the hospital and through innovative community initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time