Our goal is to provide a pleasurable dining experience for all our residents and their guests through restaurant style service, menu plans, and open seating concept with a wide range of service times daily.
Reporting to the Food Service Manager, you will provide exemplary customer service while assisting in the preparation and delivery of meals and food services , kitchen cleaning, dishwashing, as well as organization and cleaning of refrigerators, freezers and storage areas.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.
July 28, 2020
Experience & Qualifications:
- Assist with preparation and cooking of breakfast primarily, other meals & catering functions as required.
- Serve food according to required temperature and procedures as directed.
- Ensure that the food is attractively presented.
- Ensure that clients on special diets receive food according to such diets as directed.
- Clean food service areas and equipment.
- Load, operate and empty dishwashers, and put dishes away.
- Assist with the preparation of snacks/refreshments.
- Previous related cooking experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and storage procedures.
- Ability to understand and carry out orders so as to serve the food correctly and attractively according to specified portion control.
- Strong team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sincere desire to work with an active senior's population.
- Available to work a variety of day and evening shifts, including weekends.