Bylaw Enforcement Officer - District of Coldstream
As BC's largest security organization, we provide comprehensive security solutions that integrate highly trained people and technology. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills and a positive 'can-do' attitude to provide superior customer service, security and protection for our client sites. As a frontline representative, you are a professional who takes pride in your responsibilities, dress and deportment.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Respond to and investigate complaints concerning infractions and violations of the District of Coldstream bylaws.
- Educate and provide explanation of bylaw provisions.
- Enforce District of Coldstream bylaws including but not limited to Parking Regulation, Business Licensing, Noise Control, Unsightly Premises, Zoning, Parks Regulation, Outdoor Burning, Fireworks, Water Use Restrictions, Controlled Substances.
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
- Proactively respond and resolve emergency situations and conflicts.
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Clearly write daily logs and reports of all incidents.
- Effectively communication problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of and perform all duties with high safety standards.
- Able to work shift work including weekends.
- Bylaw Enforcement & Investigative Skills Level 1
- For clearance purposes, applicants must have the ability to obtain clearances to the Secret Level.
- Have a valid BC Driver's license and a clear driver’s abstract.
- Hold a valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 or be willing to complete training and testing.
- Possess fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
- Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience working with computers plus other office equipment such as fax and photocopiers preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
- Minimum 19 years of age, High School diploma, and good physical health.
- BC Security Worker License
We appreciate your interest in working with us, however only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
Commissionaires BC is an equal opportunity employer.