Department of Medicine, Halifax, NS
The Department of Medicine is a clinical academic department within Dalhousie Medical School in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Our 180 faculty members are award-winning teachers, researchers and clinicians who serve the complex medical needs of adults in Halifax and the Maritime region. Nova Scotia Health and family physicians across the region are our partners in providing exemplary patient care.
We are seeking an effective communicator with the ability to complete process-driven tasks and strong attention to detail and accuracy to join the Department of Medicine’s Administrative Group as Education Coordinator for full time permanent position.
As part of a team, you will:
- Supports the Education Office Manager in education planning, performing needs assessments, implementing education program design, administration, and delivery, developing materials, special education projects and attending meetings.
- Main point of contact for residents in CBD for the Internal Medicine Program.
- Prepare required reports and documentation prior to Internal Medicine and Competence Committees.
- Provide guidance and liaise with Internal Medicine Academic Advisors.
- Troubleshoot issues arising with reports and/or evaluation processes.
- Work with CBD Lead to guide program directors and administrators through CBME implementation.
- Lead and ensure adherence.
- Meet with individual programs and groups to advise on process and procedure development related to CBD.
Assist with prioritizing implementation elements and providing resources to programs. Establish effective working relationship across the post graduate departments and University.
- Provide guidance on recurrent and well-established processes to program directors and administrators, and
Competence by Design leads on administrative processes.
- Advise programs of changes to their policies to support CBD implementation.
- Must have successfully completed a post-secondary qualification in a relevant discipline and three years of relevant experience
- Experience in a leadership role considered an asset.
- Excellent communicator, with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle fast paced, high volume correspondence and changing priorities.
- Above average knowledge of education management software (One45) would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion, while respecting tight deadlines and cooperating with stakeholders.
How to apply
Please apply with a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the position, a copy of your CV and the contact details of three referees.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. The Department of Medicine is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified candidates are invited to apply; however Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Closing date for applications is Friday, May 27, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Vaccination and masking is required for all employees
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-05-27
Expected start date: 2022-06-20