WE ARE GROWING OUR SEDGWICK TEAM IN CANADA!
Are you looking for a new opportunity or do you know someone who is looking for a new role, has previous claims experience in Accident and Benefits and/or is looking to transition to a growing and diverse company.
We are currently recruiting for Independent Contractorsplease see below the job description:
To provide a consistent high level of service by investigation insurance claims for insurers or third parties and negotiating settlement of claims to the satisfaction of all parties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages assigned claims while meeting client standards and quality, including conducting thorough investigations; determining coverage and validity of claims, interviewing and communicating with insured, claimants and witnesses; inspecting claims sites, preparing reports and negotiating settlements
- Maintains accurate records based on client standards and procedures, using company custom computer systems
- Accurately and efficiently manages the billing for assigned files, within specified timelines
- Assists with collection of accounts receivables for assigned claims
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with existing clients
- Requires a high level of mathematical and reasoning ability to calculate and analyze data to arrive at a logical conclusion
- The ability to cope with extreme weather, environmental and driving conditions at any time of day or night
- The ability to travel out of country and obtain appropriate documentation
Education & Licensing
Has or is working toward CIP designation
Must be licensed or have the ability to obtain a provisional license
Must possess a valid driver's license
Three (3) years of accident experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must meet the physical needs of the job, including using ladders to inspect roofing/structural damage, and in some cases the ability to enter enclosed spaces
- Proven Accident Benefits adjusting experience and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and computer proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract