Nominated by the Aurora Chamber of Commerce as one of the "Best Places to work - Company Culture", C-P Flexible Packaging is a successful and fast-growing essential manufacturing company that uses an impressive array of digital pre-press and wide-web flexographic printing capabilities and extrusion and adhesive laminators to produce creative flexible packaging solutions for our customers. With a primary focus on serving the food industry, C-P specializes in roll stock, pouches, re-sealable packaging and shrink sleeves. Our headquarters and main manufacturing facility is located York, PA, With 10 current locations across North America and growing, C-P Flexible Packaging is one of the top 25 flexible packaging companies in the U.S.
We are looking for Flexographic Printing Press Operators to join our Team in Aurora, Ontario.
To completely set up and operate a printing press and to train helpers and press operator trainees.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Workers in this position are responsible for quality, production goals and their press helper. This does not include the discipline or performance evaluation of the helper.
- Set up and operate press which includes analysis of printed sample to sample provided to ensure job being produced is correct.
- Assist press helper in loading rolls of raw material and unloading rolls of finished materials. Oversee other duties of helper, including housekeeping and any training.
- Work together with Supervisor/Manager to reduce product waste.
- Responsible for on-going training of operator trainees
- Complete tasks in adequate time limits, as to meet press daily goal and schedule needs.
- Complies with all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP's) and any job or department specific SOP's.
- SOP's may cover the areas of (but are not limited to)
- Employee Health and Safety
- SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured.
- SGP (Sustainable Green Printer) environmental regulatory procedures and SOP's
- Must work within productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Special Projects & other duties as necessary
Supervise that Press Helpers duties are performed and completed
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude / math skills
- Understanding of color charts – ability to check samples
- Understanding color laydown and overprint
- Read and understand docket information
- Analytical ability
- Training skills / communication skills to train helpers and operator trainees
- Experience operating a printing press
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of information to Company and Federal standards.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be dependable and work within Company conduct standards; consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Moving/Carrying ability, 50 lbs repetitively/frequently; 70 lbs intermittently for up to 5 ft.
- Lifting ability; up to 50 lbs intermittently
- Standing for extended periods. (consistently – 70-80%)
- Bending, twisting and reaching (intermittently -60-70%)
- Push/pull of up to 100 lbs. (occasionally - 20-30%)
- Extensive use of hands and fingers
- Extensive time on feet, walking/ standing
- Use of step ladders, (if needed)
Mental Effort Requirements:
- Working 12 hr. continental rotating shifts.
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment: hot conditions during summer months and cool conditions during winter months. (consistently)
- May have excessive walking at times up to 85% of shift
- Work around solvent/ink/glue fumes/other solvents used in printing manufacturing.
- Work in tight places at random times.
- Follow all safety regulations and rules at all times, including wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE):
- Steel tip boots or shoes
- Hearing protection
- Safety glasses
- Cut resistant gloves/solvent gloves
- Hairnets and beard nets
- Concentration on print
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep pace with machine
In addition to the other advantages of working for C-P, we offer a compensation package that includes: competitive wages, a night shift and weekend shift premiums.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Pension plan with generous company match
- Bonus program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)