You will play an important role in designing, developing, and launching client facing products from end to end. The Web Developer designs, develops, tests and delivers web sites, applications and components for our internal and external users. The developer creates web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, and on to production deployment.
- Write, debug, deploy and document code for client facing products components in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Write technically challenging code that interfaces with internal and external systems.
- Program large-scale, high-volume websites in a load-balanced or web farm/cloud environment
- Program multilingual websites, including using techniques to Search Engine Optimize (SEO)
- Maintain and support multiple projects and deadlines
- Be responsible for the reliability and maintenance of customer facing web applications, including at times after-hours support
- Propose solutions to problems and consider timeliness, effectiveness and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Conduct ongoing enhancements and defect resolution to existing applications
- Ensure cross browser compatibility and web standards on all solutions
- Meet project expectations and produce high quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Self-starter or takes initiative
- Any other duties as requested by the Director, Dev Studio
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years software development experience,
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and accept direction
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
- Familiarity with unit testing principles and unit testing tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2+ years building ASP.NET MVC web applications using C# in Visual Studio
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs or web services
- Experience working with source control e.g. Git, SVN, TFS, etc.
- Knowledge of database design in SQL Server, SQL/T-SQL , database indexing, views and stored procedures
- Experience using core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, WPF, WF, LINQ and EF
- Experience developing on the Shopify Ecommerce platform.
- Experience in Umbraco, Kentico and AEM CMS platforms preferred.
- Experience creating websites that adhere to WCAG 2.0 Level AA guidelines preferred.
- Experience with front end UI/UX design preferred.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with project management and bug-tracking software such as VSO, JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
- Knowledge of Angular and React frameworks would be an asset
- Some ability in Photoshop/GIMP
Job Type: Full-time