The Senior Public Accountant will manage a portfolio of clients for which the firm provides a variety of bookkeeping and accounting services. The candidate will be the primary point of contact between the client and the firm and will act as a liaison between the client and governments, lenders and CPA firms as necessary. The individual must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Develop and maintain relationships with client management through a high level of service.
· Manage a portfolio of clients, on and off site. Services include full-cycle bookkeeping, management reports, financial statements, corporate and personal tax planning.
· Responsible for compliance with federal, provincial and other reporting and filing requirements. Identify, analyse and conclude on accounting issues.
· Maintain year-end working papers. Prepare review and compilation engagements.
· Leadership of engagement team, monitoring of schedules, deadlines and internal budgets, as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff.
· Exert care and control over assets and records and establish procedures for safeguarding, including security and computer backup (copy virus checked and stored off-site).
· Provide software consulting and technical support (including software updates, trouble-shooting and back-ups).
· Will act as a financial analyst for our clients.
· Advise on cost management and cost control measures and the cost effectiveness of such measures.
· Maintain investment schedules and oversee cash flow requirements. Maintain relations with bankers.
· Must be proficient in Caseware, Taxprep (T1 & T2) as well as MS Office and software typically used by small business clients such as Sage 300 (formerly Accpac), Sage 50 (formerly Simply Accounting) and Quickbooks.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
· Must be a licenced public accountant with CPA designation.
· 5+ years of experience in financial management.
· Experience in auditing.
· Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
· Must be able to multitask.
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
· High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
· Must be dedicated and motivated to achieve high standards.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Overtime as required to fulfill client and government deadlines.
· Must have their own vehicle.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- TaxPrep: 1 year (Preferred)
- CaseWare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)