We are currently interviewing for an full-time legal assistant. The successful candidate would have superior multitasking skills and the ability to manage a heavy workload. The candidate would have experience working in a litigation environment and would have strong organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. The right candidate would also have experience and knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and have excellent attention to detail.
- Preparing legal documents (Affidavit of Documents, Trial Records, Notice of Examinations, Discovery Plans, Affidavit of Service, Motion Confirmation etc.)
- Drafting and sending correspondence to clients, medical professionals, business offices, insurance companies, and defence counsel
- Coordinate with process servers regarding the service and filing of court materials
- Coordinate with court offices regarding motions, pre-trials, and trial bookings
- Act as a liaison between the lawyers and various internal and external individuals on the status and progression of each file
- Scheduling and maintaining lawyers' calendars (Examinations for Discovery, Mediations, meetings, settlement calls, etc.)
- Requesting and fulfilling undertakings
- Paying invoices, maintain accounting, and prepare accounts
- Communicate professionally with clients and colleagues, exercise judgment, and work independently to solve administrative issues
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere
- Diploma or Certificate in Legal Administration or equivalent
- Prior experience and knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, court practices and procedures
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, PC Law and Filevine
- Excellent grammar skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to effectively interact with clients and all firm members
- 1-3 years previous experience
Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment processes.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
New staff are required to work in office for first 6 months, then move to 3 days in office.
Work Location: In person