Rehab First is one of Ontario's largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
At Rehab First, Occupational Therapists perform assessments and treatments on a wide variety of cases and are often assigned Case Lead responsibilities on the complex ones. This position is also an opportunity to work with the kidsFIRST™ pediatric practice which offers a full range of in-home and clinic-based services designed to treat children who have special needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced full time / part time / hourly Occupational Therapist for the London area.
- General and specialized assessments, such as those for physical and cognitive capacities, mobility, and attendant care needs
- Identifying and specifying assessment and treatment plans and obtaining client and third party approval to proceed with them
- Research and creation of OCF-18 claim forms for Ontario Statutory Accident Benefits (SABS)
- Cultivating referral customer relationships, such as those with insurers, lawyers, physicians and psychologists
- Device and equipment specification, requisition and placement
- University degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Superior communication, planning, problem-solving, time management and documentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied case load
- Experience working with children who have special needs in home and community settings in the areas of:
- Sensory Integration
- School readiness
- Fine motor skills
- Activities of daily living and self-care
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (IT equipment provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
- Clinical Brain Injury or Head Trauma: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pediatric: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- London (Preferred)
- College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario (Preferred)