Total Systems Solutions Consulting Inc currently seeking an experienced Stream Lead Project Manager for our client Provincial Health Services Authority (“PHSA”) in Vancouver, BC.
PHSA currently employs a number of disparate solutions, including Oracle Inc.’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financials and Supply Management (FCSM), to meet its needs for an ERP Solution and Services.The PeopleSoft components were initially implemented in 1998 at BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) followed by several other agencies implementing separate instances of PeopleSoft within their organizations.In 2003, these implementations were consolidated into one PeopleSoft instance for the newly formed PHSA.
The PeopleSoft components are beyond their service life and currently not supported by Oracle Inc. PHSA has obtained the required application support services from an external provider, supplemented by its own internal IMITS department and business area resources. Despite this support, given the legacy nature of the PeopleSoft components, PHSA faces certain business risks, inefficient and ineffective processes and an inability to integrate with other PHSA business areas, including finance.
PHSA has determined the need to adopt an integrated ERP Solution that will singularly support the majority of its back office business needs, with zero to minimal customizations. PHSA is looking to streamline, standardize and consolidate functions across its business areas to achieve business process efficiency and reduce the ERP Solution costs and complexities.
PHSA will be going through an ERP Replacement Project and is seeking an expert Project Manager with extensive experience in managing the implementation (business work steams) of large scale, complex initiatives, preferably in the information management / information technology (IMIT) environment.
The Project seeks to leverage an expert level Stream Lead project manager (“Stream Lead Project Manager”) to assist with project management functions to enable, plan, execute, monitor, and support the implementation of the PHSA ERP Project (business work steams). The Stream Lead Project Manager is expected to bring demonstrated expertise in project management related to ERP and large-project implementations; as well as tools, templates and methodologies to assist in establishing and operating the project.
The Stream Lead Project Manager is expected to work with all project stakeholders, including but not limited to, the ERP Project Manager, Program Director, Project Steering Committee, Project Team members and Project Sponsors, as requested.
The Stream Lead Project Manager:
- Primary point of contact for PHSA (ERP Project Manager) on all interactions with Service Provider for technical work steams.
- Serves in a leadership capacity throughout the project.
- Help establishes detailed project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan and identified metrics.
- Monitors and reports on the status of projects and major barriers encountered.
- Makes decisions and recommendations regarding projects scope and related changes required to facilitate a successful outcome.
- Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitors project budgets within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints and uses best practice methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Provides supervisory guidance and direction to staff.
- Completes transition services including facilitating lessons learned meetings and creating lessons learned document related to this service as well as the overall Project. Transition services also include providing all of the documents, software, software licenses and other project artifacts to the Project Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director or their designee(s).
The Stream Lead Project Manager is expected to exercise flexibility and be responsive to changing circumstances and demands, and to fulfill such demands as may be required to the extent they are within the capability and capacity of the Stream Lead Project Manager.
PHSA expects the Stream Lead Project Manager to be integrated and engaged with the internal team and, therefore, approximating a full time role (at 37.5 hours / week) with the organization over the term of the engagement.
- Minimum of (10) year’s recent experience providing project management services in producing and delivering innovative projects for high value, complex, technology related project initiatives.
- Project management recent experience related to large scale ERP implementation
- Managing projects in a complex public sector environment
- Managing multiple teams leading to successful project milestones
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Finance, Business, MBA, IT or relevant discipline
- PMP designation considered an asset
- Experience or working knowledge of business process optimization methodology, change management and cloud solutions is considered an asset.
4 months with possible extension
Job Type: Contract
- large scale ERP implementation: 10 years (Required)
- Managing projects in a complex public sector environment: 5 years (Required)
- change management and cloud solutions: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- PMP (Required)