Reporting to the Test Engineering Manager, the Test Technician will be responsible for providing thorough maintenance for all test fixtures and ATE stations. The individual should be responsible to take initiative to chair and own the preventive maintenance program. Should be resourceful in identifying the MTBF (Mean Time before Failure) of each test fixtures and Test Setup. The tasks will include ATE and Test fixture wiring, repair and modifications. Should have an initiative to learn and equip himself/herself with the basic understanding on how the test is performed with our products.
Aside from Preventive Maintenance, this position is responsible for test sustaining activities as part of daily tasks. This includes setup test stations, debug, troubleshoot issues, provide analysis and solution to the team.
This position must be able to assist in Failure Analysis if required.
- Automated Test System wiring, Test Fixture wiring.
- In-charge in test fixture preventive maintenance. Formulate and maintain Test Fixture preventive maintenance plan.
- Chair and own preventive maintenance program.
- Perform thorough preventive maintenance on all test fixtures and ATEs.
- Analyse, Identify and Improve Test Fixture MTBF.
- Assist in generating validation report for New Test Fixtures, e.g: GR&R, Cp-CpK.
- Troubleshoot, analyse and repair production failed units.
- Improve test and process yield by identifying root cause of the rejects and help initiate formulating effective solution to minimize and eliminate production rejects. Coordinate with Engineering and Quality and come up with effective solution.
- Maintain test equipment, test fixture, factory test documentation (schematics, BOM’s, assembly drawings)
- Provide support to Engineering prototype activities: mechanical system assembly, qualification and design verification testing and debugging.
- Provide support to production daily activities - manual test setup, failure analysis, ATE test setup, test fixture wiring, test setup troubleshooting, test fixture and equipment maintenance.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics or related field
- 2 to 3 years minimum experience in Power Electronics or BMS (Battery Management System) as a Technician.
- Have at least 2 to 3 years experience in electronic product troubleshooting
- Knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation, including test automation and PC-based I/O and data acquisition hardware
- Ability to read and interpret schematic.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot electronic product with only have schematic and datasheet as reference.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Familiarity with BMS IC’s and controllers, microprocessors, power semiconductors
- Basic understanding of communication protocols (GPIB, CAN, I2C, SMBus, HDQ, PMBus, etc.)
- Experience in failure analysis reporting, 8D Report generation experience is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Solid works and Altium is an asset.
- Knowledge in In Circuit Testing programming and debugging is an asset.
- Knowledge in Labview and SQL Server is an asset.
- Strong and self-motivated team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Power Electronics or BMS technician: 2 years (Preferred)