Reporting to the Program Manager, Digital Communications, is responsible for and is the primary contact for coordinating all social media communication activities for York Region including posting, monitoring and responding to daily social media inquiries, planning, promotion and overseeing the annual social media strategy, analyzing, reporting, recommending and implementing improvements on all social media data collected and; providing advice and guidance for social media; providing support for corporate-led social media initiatives, corporate strategies and governance related to social media programs and initiatives, including digital, web and branding support; providing guidance and support to all Regional departments to ensure content remains accurate, timely and meets policies, standards and legislation; as required.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ direct social media experience in a large organization and a journalism or marketing background, including several years' experience in writing customer communication pieces for a business, such as press releases, newsletters, and print media.
- Understanding of the process of municipal government and the programs and services provided to the public, in order to determine the unique and diverse internal communication needs within the varying business units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media applications and practices (e.g. facebook, twitter, etc).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by July 14, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$44.63 to $48.51 per hour
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)