Do you enjoy listening to motivational and self-improvement videos and audios?
Does the thought of working with some of the top speakers and thought leaders in the world excite you?
Motiversity is currently looking for a Business Partnership Manager who has a passion for motivational and inspirational content to join our Edmonton based team.
The Business Partnership Manager would work alongside our Content team, focusing most of their time identifying, engaging and building relationships with potential partners and rights holders. This individual will act as a liaison when licensing partner and rights holders content, and developing strategies to deploy it. This position will have crossover responsibilities with our other brands Motivation2Study and Motivation Hub.
The responsibilities of this role will require, but are not limited to:
- Discover and identify potential partnership and licensing opportunities (understand and recognize what type of content and speakers fit our company profile)
- Manage and engage with our current network of partners and speakers
- Create partnerships, negotiate and close licensing deals with rights holders
- Work directly with speakers and composers, listening to speeches and music in order to improve our content by providing constructive feedback
- Collaborate with our team to come up with content strategies
- Organize licensed content and come up creative ways to use it in videos on our channels
- Create video schedule for upcoming videos
- Create strategies for sponsorship deals and execute on them
- Analyze partner and industry performance and operations
- Create documents and develop processes for complex agreements
- Additional related duties as assigned
As the successful candidate, you have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience creating and managing partnerships
- Minimum 1 year of experience in online video/media license acquisition
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effortlessly tailor emails to both professional and amateur audiences
- Excellent sales skills - able to negotiate and close deals with speakers and content owners
- Advanced knowledge of Google Drive, Google Docs, Adobe PDFs, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of partnership licensing contract terminology
- Must be involved with the community on YouTube - consistently staying up to date with who the top trending speakers are at any given time and working to develop relationships with them
- Passion for YouTube, streaming music and video apps and technology with a deep knowledge of licensing content for digital/media platforms
- Positive mindset and sense of humor
- Is comfortable with a high volume of both phone and video conference calls with partners
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in licensing content that will be used to change people's lives for the better
- Located in Edmonton (or the Edmonton Area) with the ability to work at our downtown location from a personal laptop or computer
- Optional: Ability to work part-time remotely from home from a personal computer/laptop
This position requires candidates:
- Full time – 40 hours per week
- Based out of an office in the Work Nicer Coworking space in Beaver House Edmonton
- Working alongside 10+ other exciting startups
- Attending monthly socials and events at Work Nicer Beaver House
How to Apply:
If you believe you can contribute to our vision, and want to be a part of our growing team, we encourage you to apply by sending use your resume, and more importantly, a cover letter!
What to include in your cover letter:
- Tell us about yourself and why we need you on our team
- Tell us your favourite business or self help book and why
- Tell us who your favourite mentor and/or speaker is and why
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time