Under the direction of the Supervisor: Customer Service, the Customer Service Representative: Intake is responsible for the admitting and identifying of animals, locating and notifying their owners and discharging animals.
Start Date: ASAP – 6 month contract with the possibility of extension
Hours of work: Average of 72 hours bi-weekly. 6 week rotational schedule. Please see exact schedules at: https://ottawahumane.ca/about-us/careers/ to ensure you can meet the schedule requirements.
- Provide information and support to OHS clients
- Ensure professional intake of incoming animals and discharge of exiting animals as per procedures
- Assess and document the health and behaviour of incoming animals
- Ensure that all in-coming animals are thoroughly examined for identification
- Research all possible avenues to match an animal to its owner
- Be aware of and make use of relevant community resources
- Ensure appropriate information gathering
- Grade 12 graduation diploma
- 1 to 2 years clerical and/or customer service experience
- 6 months to 1 year of animal handling and care experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, crisis management and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Advanced verbal and written skills in English are required
- Verbal French skills are required
Essential Duties and working conditions:
- Employees will be required to work evening, holiday and weekend shifts
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to provide services in a safe manner including, but not limited to, lifts and transfers of large animals
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining confidentiality of OHS information
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely.
- Employees will be required to wear a uniform designated by the employer
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. The OHS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $19.39 to $23.58 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- professional animal handling: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)