Montérégie East Partnership for the English-speaking Community (MEPEC) is a Non-Profit organization whose mission is to serve the interests of the English-speaking community of the Montérégie East.
MEPEC is currently recruiting for a fluently bilingual Communications Agent to be responsible for consistent messaging and branding of MEPEC while increasing its presence on a variety of communication platforms and tools.
- Develop, implement and coordinate communication plans, communication and social media strategies
- Manages the various information platforms:
- Plan, create and distribute daily content (posts, videos, stories, visuals, etc.) adapted to different channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Ensure social media monitoring;
- Develop the response strategy and respond to comments on social networks;
- Ensure the updating of the website;
- Promote all MEPEC activities, events and services in accordance with the communications strategy
- Develop, write, edit and update various communications materials and tools, such as newsletters, website, brochures, activity posters, etc.
- Develop and participate in the implementation of regional annual campaigns (for memberships, Board recruitment, etc.)
- Carry out any other tasks requested by his/her superior.
- Diploma or degree in Communications, Public Relations or similar field of study.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated mastery of the English language (written and spoken) and advanced ability to communicate in French (written and spoken).
- Excellent knowledge of Web 2.0 and the main social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) and electronic communication tools (MailChimp, Wordpress, SEO, etc.) and basic website maintenance is an asset
- Well organized, with a proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing and fluctuating workloads, in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames, with professionalism and a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully both in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Resourceful and enthusiastic self-starter operating with sustained energy and showing great initiative
Conditions of Employment
- This temporary position is based on a working schedule of 28 hours per week until March 31, 2022.
- Date of entry: As soon as possible.
- A hybrid operating mode: teleworking and physical office.
- The salary for this position ranges from $27 to $30 per hour depending on the experience.
Interested candidates must send their English résumé to the attention of Ms. Karoll-Ann Carrier by e-mail
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Application deadline: 2021-10-01
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Communication planning: 3 years (required)