Company culture is at our core
Routeique is not a software company. Our business involves unraveling complexity, ironing out wrinkles, and finding better ways—which means our commitment is always considerably deeper than pixels on a screen, and far wider than just the supply chain.
We are a close-knit team of innovators with nerd-like enthusiasm, and veteran-like experience. We are supply chain experts armed with the mother of all digital platforms. And we are hell bent on ensuring every link, in every chain, is flawlessly efficient and seamless.
Indeed it’s our velvet integration of high touch and high tech—and our insistence on being partners, not vendors—that allow us to bring so much value to the table.
We strive to work passionately, improve daily, speak truthfully, invest wisely, watch carefully, iterate/innovate relentlessly and grow frequently. These are our values, they keep us accountable and drive us to our success. Success is not only growing the business but growing people.
What’s cool about Routeique?
At Routeique we know a supply chain can never be completely owned. The variables of logistics, warehousing, shipping and fulfillment are infinite, and not easily wrangled or second guessed—especially in a world wracked with the uncertainty of alarmingly frequent environmental, political and medical crises. That’s why, every day, we provide our clients with the next best things: insight, foresight, and oversight.
We give clients penetrating x-ray vision that tracks and traces every step of their networks, virtually, in real time—empowering them to stay ahead of problems, leapfrog legacy logjams, and capitalize on previously unseen opportunities... with crystal-clear transparency.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Develop user stories, define acceptance criteria & set sprint goals
- Track and report on progress towards the completion of product goals
- Gather, oversee, and prioritize the product backlog, making visible the product backlog, or the prioritized list of requirements for future product development
- Advocate for the customer throughout the development process to ensure features meet those needs
- Contribute to the work of the Product Manager as they define a product differentiation strategy
- Work with a cross-functional team in planning a product release
- Provide guidance in developing integrated testing strategies and coordinate testing efforts with internal team and stakeholders
Use data to drive decision making
Who we are looking for:
- You look towards the future and embrace it, whatever it may hold
- You're willing to work hard today to reap the benefits tomorrow
- You're a lifelong learner who actively seeks knowledge and shares it with others
- You navigate ambiguous difficulties to define an approach to a problem or scenario according to circumstances
- You have the willingness to professionally debate topics and hear others' opinions in an unbiased frame of mind
- You're able to influence and drive change
- You have an unwavering devotion to and leadership of business ethics, integrity, and appropriate professional confidentiality
- You assess problems and break them down into logical steps, synthesize and find solutions
- Demonstrated success in releasing products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills, possibly including some user interface documentation skills.
- Subject matter expertise in the particular product or market and how to develop solutions for this market. Subject matter expertise should include specific industry or technical knowledge.
- Excellent teamwork skills especially with people less skilled in communication.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with development teams is especially important.
Success in a Sentence:
My development team and I worked closely to make sure that each of the user stories was completely understood. I am confident that they will deliver what we agreed on at the next product review.
You might also have:
- One plus year(s) work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in Product Management
- Technical product knowledge or previous experience with operational technologies in Supply Chain, Warehousing, Fulfillment, Logistics solutions
- Clear knowledge and experience with the concepts of Agile software development
Being part of the Routeique team:
Routeique is a more than a fun place to work and we have always honoured a self-driven hybrid work environment allowing our team members to choose where and when they work. Oh, and did we forget to mention, Routeique is the place to make life changing income? With our US/European inspired ESOP (Employment Share Options Program) everyone has the choice to share in the companies success. That's right... You are in the drivers seat along with everyone else, the decisions you make and effort you apply will allow you to directly benefit.
What you’ll also get:
- Market/experience based salary
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits including a Health Spending Account and Employee Assistance Programs
- Group RRSP matching program & group life insurance
- TELUS Health Virtual Care: Online Doctors, virtual help and prescriptions in Canada
- Paid vacation days + paid cultural holidays
- Educational advancement
- Events with fun prizes
- Lunch and learns
Am I the right candidate for Routeique?
- Sharing your knowledge with your team is fun for you, and you are happy to help other members of the team decode problems
- You're comfortable in an early-stage company and are excited at the idea of joining a team of smart, client-oriented folks
- You're a self-starter and can prioritize your time to achieve goals without a lot of day to day oversight
- You’re interested in not just a job but building a company, culture, processes, and growing with us
- You have a track record of committing to what you say you will do, and are passionate about delivering great products for teams and clients
- You communicate clearly, write well, speak eloquently, and are comfortable explaining complicated issues over the phone and via email to both engineers and clients
- You get along with people and like helping people, learning new things, and are quick to solve to problems proactively
- You have experience with and enjoy working teams that are partially or fully remote
- You are comfortable talking with internal team members and/or clients on product calls
Sometimes, confidence can deter us from applying for a job but you know what? A ‘perfect’ candidate doesn’t exist. Routeique is a place for everyone to grow. Whatever background you have and however you identify, please apply for this role if it’ll avoid the Case of the Mondays. We want you to be excited to show up to work everyday and we’re convinced you will, at Routeique.