At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The Financial Analyst, Operations Finance provides support to the Operations Finance team with a wide variety of front line client groups including Client Services, Lab Operations, Logistics and Materials Management. The main focus of this role will supporting the Finance Operations Analysts with a more National scope for variance analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting activities. This includes, but not limited to Salaries & Benefits, FTE hours, Lab Materials, Occupancy, R&M Contracts, cost recoveries, allocations.
This is a permanent role located in Toronto
- Provide support by way of end to end reporting and analysis for the National Operations organization
- Lead the analysis planning, budgeting and forecasting activities of specific GL Accounts (eg. R&M Contracts and Occupancy) with respect to total operating and capital spending and related business drivers in support of a designated client group
- Co-ordinate National period end close activities complete with journal entries, variance analysis and period end reporting activities
- Present all relevant financial metrics and variance explanations in relation to period end closing, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting deliverables to all functional and Finance leaders
- Provide the business with recommendations to improve performance and optimize portfolio investment decisions via financial and business case analysis
- Support the Financial Planning and Analysis organization in building and sustaining a successful business partnership model across a broad and diverse client base and in delivering continuous tangible value through robust analytics
- Undergraduate degree in Business and a Professional Accounting Designation (completed or in progress)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in similar Financial and analytical roles
- Experience working in an environment with a strong operational and regulatory focus (i.e. manufacturing, pharma, etc…)
- Strong analytical and investigational skills
- Highly proficient with the complete suite of Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer orientation and ability to provide influential insight using data (internal and external), tools and best practices
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system is required
- Experience working with a diverse client group in a business partnership environment; ability to build lasting relationships and influence without authority
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timelines
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively, please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530