Position: Senior Editor
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports to: Managing Editor, Driving
Location: Toronto, ON
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 120 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
Driving.ca is the leading online destination for the latest automotive news, reviews, photos and video for Canadians. Driving’s team of award-winning journalists publishes original, fresh, and breaking content enjoyed by almost 2 million Canadians every week in print and online.
Postmedia is looking for an experienced and creative editor to lead day-to-day operations of Driving.ca with an emphasis on managing automotive reviews, events, and multimedia storytelling. The candidate we are looking for is a strategic thinker who understands SEO and analytics and knows how to apply the knowledge we gain from them. Applicants should be able to work with freelance contributors in a fast-paced environment, be digitally fluent, and bring innovative thinking when it comes to producing engaging content for our readers.
What you’ll do:
- Keep track of events calendar, production launches and seasonality, plot editorial schedule
- Pitch original feature ideas and brainstorm with editorial team to produce engaging content lineup
- Assign automotive reviews to suitable freelance contributors to ensure comprehensive industry coverage of new and popular vehicles
- Review vehicles and conduct comparison tests, host videos and podcasts, maintain automotive information database
- Edit and fact check copy when necessary, coordinate video resources and production, and ensure clean, captivating posts in Wordpress
- Coordinate with Marketing, Social and Sales teams to ensure they are supplied with appropriate promotional materials reflecting the best available content
Who you are:
- Automotive savant with editor’s instincts for what stories appeal to a variety of audiences
- A witty headline writer, certified grammar geek, CMS ninja, analytics addict, and SEO savvy
- A prolific writer capable of producing clean, entertaining stories and video scripts, with charisma that translates on screen.
- Social media native with ability to identify and adapt to social media trends, including driving engagement with video and other content formats on social platforms
- Five+ years of experience in digital media, preferably automotive, including the ability to manage freelancers, company resources and work within a defined budget
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter, writing samples, and a resume.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-02-07
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent