Administrative / Project Assistant
Internal / External Posting
Posting No: 2019-30
Posted: Open until filled
Reports to: Site Director / Chief Nursing Officer
The Administrative / Project Assistant supports the South Huron Hospital Association’s Leadership team by completing and coordinating a number of key functions and projects for the Hospital, as well providing general day-to-day administrative support. On occasion, the Administrative / Project Assistant will also be involved in coordinating special events. The Administrative / Project Assistant’s time commitments are approximately as follows:
- 45% - General administrative tasks
- 40% - Key functions and programs
- 10% - Corporate communications
- 5% - Support for special events
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the Leadership team, including:
- Printing, faxing, mailing, and laminating of documents
- Forwarding correspondence as appropriate, especially patient / family feedback
- Scheduling and booking of meetings
- Acquiring and setting up audiovisual and other equipment for meetings
- Coordinate and appropriately communicate corporate contacts, directories/lists, on-call coverage
- Assisting with meeting minutes as required
- Documenting relevant information using appropriate record-keeping methods
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, as directed
- Supports the success of key hospital functions and programs, including:
- Policy & Procedure update / maintenance process including version control and posting to hospital shared drives and intranet
- Timekeeping / time entry
- Administrator On-Call program and all associated documentation
- Hospital Accreditation
- Workplace Violence Prevention
- Emergency/Disaster Management
- Volunteer program
- Student placements
- Develops, reports, and summarizes data for various projects including risk management and patient experience surveys
- Supports the generation and coordination of corporate communication, including:
- Content for website and social media
- Patient Handbook
- Internal messages for staff
- Plans and manages events and special occasions, including Nursing Week and staff celebrations
- Provides backup to the Executive Assistant during periods of absence
- Performs other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Abilities):
- Minimum of five (5) years of administrative experience in a healthcare environment, ideally supporting Leaders/
- Post-secondary education in Administrative or related studies.
- Demonstrated history of success in Project fulfillment.
- Familiarity with working with collective agreements, scheduling, and timekeeping—an asset
- Experience with information management systems, including data and records management, and keen attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and time management skills in a fast-paced environment. Able to be assertive in managing time when necessary.
- Demonstrates strong initiative. Able to complete work with minimal direction/instruction.
- Flexible and responsive. Highly adaptable to change.
- Able to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with particular emphasis on customer service.
- Excellent business communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Emotional maturity.
- Demonstrated record of good work attendance.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, databases and survey tools
- Demonstrated professional experience in social media platform management is an asset.
- Current Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Screen and immunization status required upon hire.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and covering letter via Indeed, or by mail to:
South Huron Hospital Association
24 Huron Street West
Exeter, ON N0M 1S2
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative healthcare: 5 years (Required)
- Project coordination: 2 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- Exeter, ON (Preferred)