Lethbridge Family Services is a private, non-profit organization operating since 1910. We are highly accredited and with more than 350 employees, the largest community social services organization in southern Alberta.
Our Home Services department employs more than 200 people and provides assistance to over 1000 clients with activities of daily living. We offer a supportive, inclusive team environment with a strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a competitive remuneration package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, generous vacation and personal time, and subsidized fitness memberships. We support your career through opportunities to learn and grow, including paid professional development opportunities, and on-the-job coaching and support. Our “family” culture supports many opportunities to participate in events including health and wellness challenges, social club activities, annual holiday parties and recognition events. Check out our website at www.lfsfamily.ca.
Position: HEALTH CARE AIDE
Department: Home Services
Location: City of Lethbridge & Surrounding areas
Crowsnest Pass, Pincher Creek, Taber
Hours: Vary according to client needs.
This position provides in-home support to seniors and individuals who need assistance in completing activities of daily living.
Duties are client specific and may include assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications, meals, palliative and respite care. Ongoing responsibility includes monitoring behavior changes and ensuring client safety.
- A supportive team environment
- A competitive salary
- Incentive Bonuses and shift/weekend differentials
- Mileage reimbursement
- HCA Certification
- Opportunity for continuous learning and advancement
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Health Care Aide Certification or related experience.
- Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment, including a valid Driver’s License, and must have a registered, insured and reliable vehicle.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift up to 20 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting, and transferring.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions related to client care.
- Previous experience in community care is an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check.
- Computer skills are required.
Start date: ASAP
Application deadline: February 1, 2019
Job Type: Part-time
- Driver's Licence (Required)