How many of these are true about you?
- You’re a creative and energetic person who likes working with kids
- A teacher or instructor
- A camp counselor or leader
- Experience or aspiration to be in a STEM field
- A maker or tech lover
- Looking for work in a growing field and company
If most or all of that sounds like you, we want you to come and join us at MakerKids first North Toronto location. MakerKids Leaside is currently looking for enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to be Instructors where you can ignite children’s potential.
MakerKids runs camps and after-school programs on Coding, Robotics and Minecraft. With our customized interest-driven STEM programs, we inspire children to become creators instead of consumers. We've been featured in major media such as Wired, CTV and The Globe and Mail and many others.
You don’t have to have the full range of technical skills that kids will need for their projects. Other MakerKids staff will initially be present during classes to teach specific skills. You can learn along with the kids! Eventually, you will
- Help teach and lead classes – Robotics, Coding and Minecraft.
- Meet with parents and share updates on their child's progress
- Help develop new and innovative ideas to keep kids engaged and learning
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Have teaching experience with children such as school, summer camp, ect
- You’re a creative, energetic and like working with children
- You’re comfortable using technology – software (required)
- Dependability is paramount - being on time and prepared for your work
- A university degree/college diploma or working towards one
- A STEM background is a bonus - ideally in coding, robotics or Minecraft
This position will start part-time with 3 to 30 hours per week (depending on your availability and our need) and will be select evenings and weekends. Full time hours may be available in the summer during camps. A sample schedule is…
- School year: various weekdays from 4:00PM-8:00PM, and Sat/Sun 10AM-6PM.
Perks and Other Details
- Plenty of room for advancement as we grow
- You have the ability to help shape our curriculum with new ideas in tech
- Being part of Canada's first kids Maker platform and seeding the future leader's in Toronto's tech scene
How to Apply/Requirements
Please apply by our application form. We do not accept applications through Indeed. Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Application: please complete the online application using this link https://forms.gle/sPwoaDN3LHi4gv7u9
- Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (required prior start date)
- Vulnerable Sector Screening issued prior to start date
- 3 successful reference checks
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour