Benefits Offered: Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for assisting customers by promptly resolving service difficulties and technical issues, and by liaising with engineering staff and vendors. This position entails in-depth technical knowledge for airframe structure, propulsion systems, flight controls, and environmental and avionics systems for series aircraft.
- Service and repair aircraft at customer locations
- Utilize hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Handle after-hours technical support calls as required by Customer Support Department
- Audit service centers at off-site locations
- Maintain database of field service issues
- Participate in and support accident investigations
- Provide direct support to the AMO department by working “hands-on”
- Present training programs and participate in the development of training courses
- Work with fleet customers and the Fleet Manager
- Provide technical knowledge and first-hand experience to resolve unique or difficult warranty claims
- May be required to provide tours to customers while on-site
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners (i.e. Garmin, Lycoming, etc.)
- Travel on short notice, primarily in North America, but worldwide travel is possible
- Perform all work in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College diploma or University degree in Aviation an asset
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience
- Strong background in general aviation maintenance (AME License Desirable – M1)
- Flight experience (Pilots License Desirable)
- Ability to travel internationally, without limitations
- Comfortable with technical documents such as drawings, manuals, service instructions, etc.
- Advance airframe, propulsion, and avionics system trouble shooting knowledge
- Strong aircraft structural knowledge to assist engineering in complex structural repair development
- Customer service oriented and effective presentation skills
- Proficient in PC use, Microsoft Word and Excel, keyboarding, and database management
About Diamond Aircraft Industries:
Diamond Aircraft, headquartered in Austria with facilities in Canada and China, is amongst the leading aircraft manufacturer in General Aviation. Founded in 1981, Diamond has pioneered many aviation firsts and achieved numerous milestones and industry expert accolades.
Today, Diamond Aircraft has more than 1,000 employees worldwide and offers the most complete range of certified piston aircraft models: from the 2 seat single DA20 to the stunning 7 seat DA62. With its complete line of piston aircraft including a dedicated flight training concept with Single Engine Piston (DA40 NG) and Multi Engine Piston (DA42-VI) trainers, along with type-specific flight training simulators and proprietary engines, Diamond Aircraft is the only sole source provider in the fleet training market. Diamond Aircraft also made a footprint in the special mission market with the remote sensing turnkey solutions DA42 MPP and DA62 MPP and the soon to be certified aerobatic turboprop tandem trainer series DART.
Diamond Aircraft uses proprietary lead-free jet fuel piston engines, made by Austro Engine GmbH (a 100% subsidiary of Diamond Aircraft Austria), for the DA40, DA42 and DA62.
Every one of Diamond’s aircraft shares a common DNA, incorporating leading edge technology, not for the sake of innovation, but for superior performance, efficiency and safety.
Over 5,000 Diamond airplanes are flown by private pilots, professional flight training operators and institutions worldwide.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aviation Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- London, ON (Preferred)
- AME (Preferred)