FINANCIAL ANALYST (CPA) - Temporary Full Time
Powerex Corp., an entrepreneurial focused, fast-paced, wholly owned energy marketing firm, has an 18- month full-time temporary opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team.
What it looks like:
Reporting directly to the Manager, Finance, you will apply your strong background in financial reporting and analysis to provide professional advisory service and guidance to the Finance department. Being a self- starter, you’ll efficiently and accurately complete your standard deliverables and stretch your creative muscle and thought-leadership to bring practical solutions to special projects and initiatives. You’ll be a key contributor to the financial close and financial reporting processes and dig deep into underlying business processes affecting Powerex’s bottom line. Furthermore, you’ll bring strong financial leadership to the Finance team, including preparation and review of complex working papers, review of IFRS standards, and coaching and developing of fellow team members. You’ll be surrounded by a strong team of finance professionals, working together to deliver best-in-class service to the executive management.
Furthermore, you’ll leverage your professional toolbox to:
- Develop, analyze, prepare and/or review complex financial information, schedules, and working papers for the financial close process
- Maintain and enhance strong processes to support monthly, quarterly and annual disclosures and reporting deliverables
- Develop the annual budgets, business plan and forecasts as well as any information required to support the consolidated process
- Review complex structured transactions, through research and analysis to determine the accounting treatment, prepare written memorandums, and verbally communicate findings
- Monitor recent developments in accounting standards and financial reporting to provide IFRS interpretations and prepare technical memorandums as required
- Support strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders by anticipating and delivering real time responses and solutions as needed
- Complement the existing team environment by managing your time and deliverables so you are able to step up and take on new projects that could include process improvements, technology improvements, or quick-wins as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 5-7 years’ professional experience with dynamic, fast-pace corporations or public practice
- Demonstrated experience with complex accounting research including financial instruments and embedded derivatives would be an asset. Experience in the energy industry or with financial derivatives would be an asset.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to succinctly analyze, summarize, and present information to various management levels of review
- Ability to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork and motivation in achieving department and business goals
- Robust knowledge of Excel (Vlookups and Pivots), working with and analyzing large volumes of data
What we offer:
Powerex Corp. offers a high-energy entrepreneurial atmosphere, ability to work with talented individuals, a comprehensive rewards package, and a healthy work/life balance.
“Personal information collected by Powerex is managed and safeguarded in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), S.B.C. 2003, c.63”
Job Type: Temporary
- professional: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)