Accounts Payable Technician
CanExel® is a trusted prefinished siding manufacturer, located in East River, Nova Scotia. CanExel® has a long history of manufacturing exterior siding that is designed to be exceptionally durable while maintaining its authentic beauty. You can tell it’s CanExel®.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Technician on the South Shore of Nova Scotia (located between Hubbards and Chester). The Accounts Payable Technician will provide support within the accounting department by providing a variety of accounting duties in an accurate, consistent, and timely fashion.
· Process accounts payables, sales invoices, cheque requests, etc.
· Process wood payments for wood suppliers
· Work with vendors and customers in resolving account issues and discrepancies
· Prepare statements, invoices, and moderately complex reports
· Assist in the development of processing efficiencies through thorough knowledge of data processing requirements
· Assist in the development of effective systems that process the distribution of vendor payments
· Maintain effective relationships across many process streams including but not limited to purchasing and finance to ensure end to end processing efficiencies
· Troubleshooting application problems, modifications and enhancements and provide quality assurance on those approved enhancements/modifications.
· Perform miscellaneous office duties
· Post-secondary education in accounting preferred and/or related experience equivalent
· 3 - 5 years’ accounting or clerical experience required
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in SAP or other similar ERP software
· Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
· Proficiency with multiple operating systems and working knowledge of MS Office Suite
· Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and math skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
· Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Proven ability to operate a computer and supporting software
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Preferred)
- SAP: 1 year (Preferred)