CHIMP is a growing tech company changing the charity sector. We are a collective of dreamers, creators, and makers. We believe that everyone wants to see positive change in the world and everyone can contribute to creating that change. Our team members are leading the movement to make giving a part of everyday life.
Our online platform empowers people to support any charity in the country, get instant tax receipts, automate donations, give with friends, and set up savings accounts for charity. The CHIMP community has donated over $510 million to date, benefiting thousands of Canadian charities.
We love working with talented, creative and open-minded people who think in big, bold pictures and work hard to make a difference at the office and in the world. We know we have a team of all-stars, so we offer competitive salaries, purposeful perks, and a culture that gives back and has fun doing it! Plus, you won't find better lunchtime conversation anywhere else in town.
Come join us and let’s change the world together!
Reports To: Director, Content Strategy
Status: Full Time (40 hours per week), Permanent
We want people to love giving with CHIMP. To provide our audience with a great experience, we need to develop smart content solutions.
As a Content Strategist, you'll help us build a strong content strategy practice in our organization. Working with a cross-functional Experience Design team within the Product Department, you'll bring a content perspective to products, projects, and strategic decisions. You will also take a lead role in designing content that's clear, consistent, and user-friendly.
What You'll Do
- Develop and contribute to content strategies that improve the experience people have when using our products
- Work closely with a team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to bring a content lens to strategic decision making
- Align team members and stakeholders on content objectives and requirements, advocating for user-friendly content solutions that also achieve CHIMP's business goal
- Write, edit, and publish content for products across multiple touch points, ensuring content is clear, consistent, and aligned with CHIMP's guidelines
- Document content plans and engage stakeholders throughout projects
- Contribute to the development of an overarching, multi-channel UX and Product content strategy
- Work with team members to build, maintain, and share content guidelines to scale best practices in content creation
- Conduct content inventories, audits, user testing, stakeholder interviews, and user testing activities
- Support the development of message frameworks, taxonomies, content migration plans, editorial calendars, content workflows, and governance guidelines
- Seek to understand and empathize with our audience so we can serve them better
- Mentor and support junior members of the team
- Maintain familiarity with industry trends, issues, and technologies
- Be a champion for content strategy and develop relationships across the organization
- Align stakeholders in the long-term content vision
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years content strategy experience, or a combination of content strategy and relevant communications experience in positions of increasing responsibility and seniority
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience developing and implementing content strategies and/or communications strategies, and delivering product
- Solid understanding of content and its role in user experience design principles and practices; experience working with content-first UX design methodology
- Experience writing for web and mobile products, including managing the content production process
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Rigorous approach to documentation and organization
Our Ideal Candidate
- The ability to work with diplomacy and build strong relationships with stakeholders, including senior executives
- A critical thinker who focuses on user motivations and needs when creating strategies
- An openness to learning and a willingness to try new things
WHAT WE OFFER
- Health Care Benefits. Vision, dental and monthly MSP contributions.
- Annual Health Care Spending Account.To spend on what's important to you.*
- Professional Developement. We believe in supporting our team members achieve their professional goals.
- RRSP Matching. To encourage you to save for your future.
- Donation Matching. To encourage you to give.
- Rest! Minimum three weeks paid annual vacation for all team members.
- Flexibility. Flexible work schedules and remote work options.
- A Fun Place to Work!
Sound interesting? Apply directly on our website at:
Job Type: Full-time
- content strategy: 5 years (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)