Reports to: Marketing Director, and Co-Founders.
We’re a fast-paced, small business looking for a multi-skilled dynamo who thrives on a diverse workload. As a member of our rock star office team, you would bring positive energy and keen eye for detail to Administrative and HR duties.
With Nomad Vanz, you’re joining an industry-leading collective of positive, adventure-loving professionals, who collaborate harmoniously to produce the finest custom Sprinter vans on the market. We value communication, diverse expertise, and contributive, team-building attitudes.
Our ideal candidate for this role is adaptable, familiar with working in an open-concept office, and doesn’t get rattled by distractions or interruptions. You shine brightest when given a variety of day-to-day tasks, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty to learn all elements of the business and support your awesome, appreciative teammates!
- Based in our office/shop headquarters in North Vancouver
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bookkeeping Assistance: Supporting our off-site bookkeeper with scanning receipts, making bank deposits, paying taxes, submitting payroll data, and ensuring they have all necessary supporting paperwork.
- Accounts Receivable & Payable: Using online systems to pay bills and invoice clients with timely accuracy. As well as chase late payments from our clients when required.
- Administration & Reporting: From answering the phone to keeping filing systems tidy, and pulling regular reports to help the company achieve its goals—you’ll be the order in the operation.
- Human Resources: Managing our employee benefits program, assisting the hiring process by posting jobs, screening resumes and conducting phone interviews, and orienting new employees by covering all policies and onboarding documents with them.
- Office Coordination: Organizing and tiding the office with care, and communicating to keep things running smoothly. Our team is like a family, and you’re the glue keeping us together!
- Filling gaps when needed: As a team player on a small roster, you will occasionally be asked to assist with many other elements of the business. For example, lending a hand to the warehouse staff, or organizing the shop and customer orders.
- Bringing your bright ideas! We’re a receptive, fast-growing company, where you’ll have the opportunity to grow and see your brilliant ideas make an immediate impact.
- Collaborative working style, easy-going, proactive, self-starter, and super positive
- Demonstrated experience in handling sensitive information, financial records, office management, and/or customer service
- QuickBooks Online (QBO) experience essential
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (G-Suite), with intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills; especially internally with management and staff members
- High comfort level in a dynamic environment—calm under pressure and happy to step in and assist with diverse tasks when needed
- Post-secondary courses in accounting, finance, bookkeeping, human resources, business administration—or equivalent experience—are an asset, but not necessary if you are a quick and eager learner.
Bonus Points – Advancement Opportunities:
- Client administrative support – bring your A+ customer service skills!
- Familiarity with Inventory Management Platforms/Shopify/ERP
- Positive, lively, and youthful work setting
- Progressive environment and company culture
If you have sharp mental focus, strong organizational instinct, and outstanding social skills—we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be held on an ongoing basis until we find the perfect fit.
Goal start date: March, 2021 (available sooner if desired.)
Compensation: $20-25/hr – commensurate with experience / wizardry abilities.
Please apply with your resume and a description of why Nomad Vanz is right for you!
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)