Daybar Industries is currently seeking an Accounting Manager for its multiple entities, with locations in both Canada and the US to join our growing team in Brampton, Ontario.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will manage an accounting team of 4, consisting of AR and Collections, Revenue Assurance, and AP.
We are looking for a self-starting, highly detailed accounting professional who practices discretion in all matters.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure general ledger integrity and accurate coding of AP and AR transactions
- Complete monthly bank and G/L reconciliations
- Act as back up and job shadow for A/R, A/P, Payroll
- Ensure timely filing of all government remittances: HST/GST/PST, corporate tax installments
- Review all accounting reports prior to distribution to Management
- Complete monthly accounting close to trial balance for multiple entities
- Maintain Fixed Asset ledgers and depreciation schedules
- Assist with monthly financial statements and year-end preparation
- Maintain and process all inter-company transactions
- Assist Controller with tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- CPA, CGA, CMA, CA or equivalent university business degree
- 5-10 years of progressive accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills
- ADP Payroll experience would be an asset
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry is an asset
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer medical, dental, paid vacation, and holiday plans.
About our Company:
Daybar is a leading provider of commercial Steel Doors and Frames. Our quality products and excellent customer service have made us a leader in our field for over 50 years.
Established in 1964, Daybar is a privately held corporation with facilities in Brampton, Calgary, Florida Phoenix and Texas.
Job Type: Full-time
- Account Reconciliation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Accounts Receivable: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA, CGA, CMA, BA (Preferred)