Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering…
MTE Consultants is an employee-owned company that provides services in civil and structural engineering, building and environmental science, toxicology, and land surveying. Since beginning in 1985, MTE has grown to over 300 employees with offices in Burlington, Kitchener, London, and Stratford.
MTE is about three things … people, people and people. This philosophy is what continues to drive our culture. Our employees are integral to who we are and what we do. As a result we strive to provide a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic technical administrative professional to provide support to the Site Development Division and Division Manager. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and understanding of the organization’s strategic priorities and the ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
This position works closely with engineering staff to prepare comprehensive project plans and timeframes, with a strong emphasis on administrative duties including project documentation and billings.
- Provide administrative support including formatting, proofreading, printing, copying and compiling of various reports, proposals, letters, drawings and other related documents, ensuring all documentation meets client specifications, project requirements and MTE standards, for a variety of engineering projects;
- Compile background information for engineering proposals and ensure submission meets requirements and is made prior to the deadline;
- Maintain proposal files;
- Coordinate and schedule the Division Manager’s attendance at meetings and events, preparing meeting agendas as required;
- Respond to and draft routine communications for the Division Manager, as directed;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and attend as required; record and distribute meeting minutes;
- Process photos and create project-related CD’s ensuring adherence to MTE standards;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the division when required;
- Maintain and revise as required, divisional and corporate forms and templates;
- Perform administrative orientations for new staff within the office;
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post Secondary education in an Office Administration, Business Administration, Engineering Technology or a related field is preferred;
- 1-3 years of related experience; working in an administrative capacity is preferred;
- Experience working within an engineering or science related environment is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues;
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task in a fast paced environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details;
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with general office equipment including multi-line phone systems, photocopiers, binding machines, etc.;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer programs or software.
MTE Consultants Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package including the following:
- Competitive Wages
- Shared Ownership in Our Employee Owned Company
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Technical Development and Career Opportunities
- Social and Supportive Culture; and much more!
- For further information about MTE and some of our projects, please visit our website at www.mte85.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Agencies, please.
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Kitchener, ON (Preferred)