Highland Baptist Church
Summer Employment Opportunity:
2021 Community Outreach Coordinator
Highland Baptist Church has a summer employment opportunity with a focus on children and youth ministries. Main areas of responsibilities will include:
FunDay Summer Day Camps
Coordinate low-cost children's summer programs, for children in our community by:
- Planning, developing, leading and implementing the camps
- Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the event
Community Events for Families & Children
Coordinate creative, low-cost weekly events for families and/or children in our community by:
- Planning, implementing, and attending the events
- Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the events
Weekly Children's Program
Provide leadership with Sunday morning children's program by:
- Providing programming and administrative support for the program, including live streamed Sunday morning events
- Teaching children in the program
Summer Youth Programs
Along with the youth leadership team, provide summer youth activities by:
- Taking part and providing leadership as needed in youth activities approximately once/week
- Providing leadership and assistance to youth service project
- Fostering relationships and community connections with youth
Assist with administrative duties such as phone calls, responding to e-mails, promoting events, etc. in order to ensure that the above responsibilities are effectively carried out.
- This position is made possible through a grant from Canada Summer Jobs.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 - 30 years. This position is best suited for someone who has completed high school and is pursuing post secondary education/opportunities.
- All events/duties listed above will follow the latest public health recommendations. In-person activities will only take place if and when it is safe to do so, otherwise all activities will take place online. Flexibility is required in order to adapt to the changing situation.
- The successful candidate will need the following: ability to work from home; reliable internet connection; laptop/computer in order to do video editing, online meetings, livestreaming, etc.
- This position requires competency in using online platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and a comfort with being in videos and taking part in live streamed programs.
- This is an eleven-week, thirty hour per week position, which will run from June 14, 2021 - August 27, 2021.
- The hourly rate is $16.00.
- The position will be supervised by the Associate Pastor of Children's Ministry & Congregational Life.
Mon, May 3 2021
How to Apply:
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter & resume to Amanda McCulloch: firstname.lastname@example.org
The final day to submit your cover letter and resume is Friday, May 21.
Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Online interviews are tentatively scheduled for the evenings of May 25 & 26.
We thank all those who are interested in applying for this position.
Highland Baptist Church
135 Highland Rd W, Kitchener, ON, N2M 3B9
Fri, May 21 2021