Centura Building Systems is a leading interior and exterior wall and ceiling specialist. Over the last 35 years, we have worked on a wide variety of buildings - commercial buildings, shopping centers, multi-residential hi-rises, schools, hospitals, churches, government buildings, and conference centers across BC, AB and Western US.
We are currently looking for a Site Operations Assistantto join our construction team and support the VP Operations in overseeing the construction process and overall construction activities within the established design, budget and scheduling guidelines of the projects.
- Support the VP Operations in running the daily activities on sites and helping to make decisions where and when necessary
- Identify areas of improvement and make suggestions that would increase efficiency and production of projects, supporting the financial success of the company
- Support the VP Operations in planning and implementing schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained
- Continuous communication in both oral and written form to the GC
- Constant focus on the details so on-site operations run smoothly
- Strong organization skills and able to keep both schedule and budget on track
- 3-5+ years' experience in Construction Industry
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology, or Construction Management
- Project Management experience
- Trade Qualification or Carpentry ticket would be an asset
- Ability to read drawings, and interpret the sequence of work to be done by all trades on a job site
- Ability to prioritize so that the most important matters are attended to quickly
- Driven, self-motivated individual with solid work ethic
- Strong communication skills
This is a growing company with opportunity for advancement and to work with a respected, tenured team.
We appreciate any interest in the position, however only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)