A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Every day we enable our people to do their best work. We’re currently seeking a Principal Architect focused on the ERP domain at Shaw to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, ERP Technologies role and is a part of our Enterprise Systems & Experience team in the Enterprise Technology department at Shaw. In this key role, you’ll join us in delivering best in class process and technology that connects the enterprise and enables our workforce to serve our customers.
The Principal Architect (ERP) will collaborate with leadership teams, Enterprise Architects and project Solution Architects to establish business capability and technology roadmaps for ERP in alignment with business strategies. As part of the role, you will collaborate cross functionally with people across multiple business units and functional departments to define, develop and deploy ERP technology solutions to address key business objectives.
You will also push us to think differently, try new things and be bold. The future is full of opportunity, and this team is thrilled to be part of a company who is embracing that
A typical day
- Align technology adoption with business needs balancing between economy and technical elegance.
- Create strategic implementation plans (aka roadmaps) to progress from current to future state through multiple transitional architectures and multiple programs or projects
- Lead technology assessments for new ERP initiatives, enabling the validation of recommendations with rough order of magnitude (ROM) effort, duration and cost estimates for strategic alignment, delivery feasibility, capacity to change, budget limits and schedules, etc.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and other project team members to validate solution architectures, technical designs, system deployments and support documentation covering all architecture, design and operational aspects (e.g. integration, reporting & analytics, security and regulatory compliance, infrastructure and platform, support and maintenance etc.)
- Work with application, security, infrastructure and other operational support teams, as well as project teams to resolve technical design, implementation or operational technology issues
- Provide architectural leadership regarding ERP system functional and technical capabilities and best practices including implementation oversight for ERP projects
- Engage with vendor, third party, and other industry experts to stay aware of ERP vendor roadmaps, functional capabilities, and lessons learned
- Lead ERP architecture presentations to various audiences including Shaw technical and business leadership
- Utilize LEAN and Agile methodologies to streamline work processes and realize cost and resource efficiencies
- Perform other duties, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology (IT), software engineering or an equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience
- An architecture framework certification (e.g. TOGAF) will be considered an asset
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical capabilities into business functional value propositions. Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work productively with diverse teams and build key trust-based relationships with stakeholders in a complex matrix organizational environment
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and decision-making abilities. Demonstrated ability to manage difficult situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity. Assertive and resilient when dealing with challenges; can tolerate ambiguity and uncertainty, especially in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an architectural role with an organization of at least 500 employees
- Extensive knowledge, background, and working experience within an ERP (preference to candidates with experience in Oracle ERP). Includes strong technical experience with ERP data and integration architectures (Cloud integration methodologies considered an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to create multiyear technology roadmaps with clear alignment to business strategies
- Functional knowledge and experience with implementation of Human Resource, Finance, and or Supply Chain Management business processes and systems
- Knowledge of iterative and incremental project management and delivery methods (Agile, SCRUM, DevOps) will be considered an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning and self-motivational skills. Demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure while maintaining high standards of excellence and attention to detail. No issues to work with limited direction and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to quickly learn new business and technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and to apply strategic and critical thinking to problem solving
- Excellent innovator who can find new and adaptive ways of operating
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
- This role is not location-specific
- Applicants will be hired in any Shaw location and will not be required to relocate for this role. Work from home can be considered an option.
- Is travel required? minimal to no travel required
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.