WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Production Manager, Love Nature
Seeking an experienced Production Manager to expertly manage the production elements for all third party commissioned projects, as well as limited in-house productions. The person in this role will report directly to the VP, Business Operations and Strategy and must be a highly focused individual who is an incredible multi-tasker and thrives working in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
Our ideal candidate has vast experience in production on both a domestic and international level, with a keen understanding of content production and associated budgets and financials on a global level. Additionally, they will have experience working at both a network and a production company. A working knowledge of 4K and HDR workflows is required. Some experience in natural history production is preferred.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Supports all creative executives in development and production to ensure project plans and resources are aligned to creative needs. Ensures projects are delivered to budget, schedule and contractual requirements.
- Manages individual show production budgets and schedules from development to green-light and then through production. Responsibilities include resource planning, line-item budget negotiation, generating payment schedules, managing credit approvals, cost reporting, deliverables management, tracking third-party payments, approving invoicing and creating purchase orders when necessary.
- Ensures production and technical requirements are met and troubleshoot production issues as they arise including risk management, background checks, insurance, rights and release issues, compliance, etc.
- Assists VP of Business Operations and Strategy with business process including, but not limited to: contract requests, technical specifications, asset delivery, asset management, marketing asset pipeline, international sales fulfillment, music and rights compliance and asset archiving.
- Provides daily supervision, management and development for a Production Coordinator as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key production vendors to create cost and workflow efficiencies that could benefit third-party productions.
- Identify and set up all requirements and logistical infrastructure for any in-house productions. Additionally, maintain a strong stable of production crews and key talent in conjunction with development and production team.
- Create and track all production budgets and schedules for in-house productions.
- Assists with day-to-day business operations in the DC BAM office.
- This is an office-based work environment, not on-location.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a Production Management role or equivalent.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of production logistics, workflow, industry technology, rights issues and current industry standard practices. Experience in overseeing and creating budgets, schedules, cost reports and financial plans with tax credits and co-producers in mind.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to unflappably perform under stress while juggling many simultaneous productions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. They must possess the ability to nurture and maintain relationships with key external producers/companies and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with 4K & HDR content and understanding of 4K & HDR workflow is required.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task, pivot to new challenges and creatively problem solve.
- Technically adept; understands the post-workflow of production and how this fits into the budgeting process and deliverables.
- Prior experience working for a Network as well as a production company is a must. Expertise in factual entertainment is required, natural history production preferred.
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.