Vanrx Pharmasystems is at the forefront of introducing groundbreaking robotics and automation into the pharmaceutical sector. The role of Senior Quality Engineer is an exciting and diverse opportunity to help drive our successful company’s rapid growth and be a contributing and instrumental member of an experienced Quality Assurance Team.
Our award winning company is seeking a Senior Quality Engineerwith a solid manufacturing background to oversee product quality from design, receipt, and assembly to final product while ensuring compliance to Vanrx processes and quality procedures. This position requires collaborative interaction between quality, engineering and operations. Exceptional communication skills and high technical competency are key requirements for the role. Excellent knowledge of complex mechanical-electrical systems and hands-on problem solving capabilities are key.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is a pioneering company making the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx aseptic filling machines use robotics, gloveless isolator and machine vision technologies to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into vials, syringes or cartridges.
Vanrx was #1 on the 2018 Deloitte Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The company’s continued growth makes this an exciting time to join our remarkable team.
- Administer the internal audit system to ensure ISO 9001:2015 compliance
- Perform external supplier audits to ensure supplier quality in accordance with established vendor qualification process
- Oversee product quality from design, receipt, assembly to final product while ensuring compliance to Vanrx processes and quality procedures
- Work with Director of QA to implement engineering and manufacturing process improvement and increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of operations
- Define and document processes, where required
- Control and coordinate the Non-Conformance system, including supplier corrective action reporting
- Collaborate with Engineering and Quality Control to establish supplier part inspection criteria including creation of component release specifications using applicable ASTM standards
- Review mechanical and electrical designs for accuracy prior to production release
- Coordinate with service team to act as customer quality representative throughout change process
- Ensure adherence to UL508A
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by accomplishing related results where required
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a quality engineer or an engineer with extensive quality knowledge
- Qualified Auditor or extensive auditing experience
- A post-secondary engineering degree or equivalent diploma and experience.
- Strong understanding of ISO9001:2015, GD&T and metrology required
- Experience working in manufacturing preferably in Medical Devices and/or Pharmaceutical environments
- PDM / Solidworks, eQMS, Lean and Six Sigma and CMM experience an asset
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation from your start date
- Flexible work space with every employee having an Apple laptop, you are able to schedule video meetings and attend conferences via video link from remote locations
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It's an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.
Please submit a tailored and personal cover letter along with your CV to Vanrx Pharmasystems to be considered for this extraordinary opportunity.
Please visit our careers page for more information https://vanrx.com/careers/
Job Type: Full-time
- ISO9001: 2015: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- GD&T: 4 years (Required)
- quality engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)