The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the processing of inventory transactions, Purchase Order and non-stock purchases in the ERP System, and customer billing to keep accounting records up to date and accurate and making sure Proofs of Delivery are accurate and uploaded in a timely manner.
Ensure that transactions are posted in a timely manner and assist the Accounting Supervisor with account reconciliation
Invoicing / Accounts Receivable
- Process customer invoicing in the ERP system, review to ensure that customer information, payment terms, quantities, and pricing are accurate
- Monitor Sales documentation ensuring that shipping documents are properly reviewed, proofs of delivery are retained, and invoices are distributed to customers through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure that company protocols are being followed to facilitate compliance with established internal controls.
- Liaise with Sales and Transportation departments to resolve issues affecting invoicing.
- Process daily inventory transactions posting (inventory receipts, stock transformations, manufacturing activities).
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies as needed and actively assist with the coordination of physical inventory counts and performing data entry and count reconciliations.
Purchase Order Entry
- Process the daily non-stock Purchase Order requisitions and creation of Purchase Orders in the ERP system.
- Follow up with PO requestors to gather additional details as needed and that PO’s are input with sufficient detail to facilitate seamless reconciliation with vendor invoices and in the relevant GL’s.
- Daily processing of receipts for non-stock Purchase Orders.
- Support Pole Procurement by processing PO’s for pole / fiber purchases.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Department with PO / Receipt / Vendor Invoice reconciliation issues.
- Assist with month-end tasks as assigned including reports / reconciliation, journal entries, accruals, and other tasks
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor with account reconciliation as assigned
- Cross-train with other Accounting / Administrative staff and act as backup during periods of absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College diploma (DEC) or equivalent in accounting or business-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
LANGUAGES & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Bilingual - English & French
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, monitor and check work or information
- Problem solving and priority management
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office and ERP System)
- Ability to work independently and being flexible regarding work assignments
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- accounting clerk: 2 years (Required)