Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
Apprentice Cooks at the Granite Club are responsible for learning to run a station in any kitchen outlet independently. If you are a positive, team oriented individual with a passion for cooking, join the Club!
- Ensure all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions
- Ensure that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time for service
- Ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or pass correctly garnished and seasoned, correct portion, size, and served on the appropriate service plate
- Ensure all food preparations are being prepared to the correct specifications, quantity & quality, food handling safety requirements and are correctly seasoned
- Maintain station organization and cleanliness
- When working behind a buffet, food ingredient knowledge and food preparation must be known when dealing with Members
- Understand and be able to speak confidently when serving members behind a buffet or station.
- Previous cooking experience is considered an asset
- Working towards a culinary diploma/degree an asset
- Food Handling Certification an asset
- Must be able to read, write & speak English fluently
- Ability to manage under pressure in a fast paced environment
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment. The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices.
If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.