Huli’tun Health Society (HHS) has an immediate opportunity for a Clinical Counsellor with experience working with addictions. The successful candidate will be required to work both in the office and in the community to deliver direct counselling care, one on one and through programs offered to specific demographics in our community. We are looking for a team player in providing community mental health services to the Halalt and Lyackson First Nations. The Clinical Counsellor reports to the Health Director. The counsellor will have other internal Mental Health and Medical staff support. This role requires some scheduling flexibility to support events, staff training and meetings.
· Preferably a Bachelors degree in mental health with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with substance use/abuse.
· Training, knowledge, minimal of 3 years experience, and skills related to culturally and spiritually appropriate counselling services with First Nations community members
· Training, knowledge, experience, and skills related to colonization and oppression of First Nations people and their responses to oppression
· Certification with a professional association or college, e.g., CIAC, CACC, ACC
· A valid BC driver’s license, class 5
· Clear Criminal Record Check
· Training in therapeutic responses to violence and victimization
· As an organization that provides healthcare and other services to a vulnerable population and as an example of healthy living, HHS has adopted a mandatory vaccine policy.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 21-35 per week
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Building is accessible on an appointment only basis. Stringent sanitization and mandatory mask-wearing policies are in place as well as health screening and contact tracing documentation. Clients can be seen virtually if required.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-01-29
Reference ID: 2012