Then Jobber might be the place for you! We're looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our Organic Growth team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn't like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That's why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail's Canada's Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada's Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we've come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we've just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to the Manager, Front-End Development, the Senior Front-End Developer will build and improve technical solutions for our public facing marketing properties.
It's important that you're a champion of best practices for well-tested, scalable, and well-organized code. In addition, you customize and extend tools and processes to increase the effectiveness of your team, and mentor others to do the same.
The Senior Front-End Developer will:
- Own multiple stages of a technical project, from scoping to project management, coding, and launch with little oversight from their manager.
- Communicate with stakeholders and hold them accountable to keep projects on time.
- Provides project updates to stakeholders, teammates, and leadership.
- Coach, train, and mentor Level 1 and Level 2 front end developers, and provide guidance in their work by holding them accountable to the team's principles and values.
- Identify and action opportunities to improve team processes and the tech stack.
- Maintain and contribute to team documentation.
- Have a deep technical skillset with the ability to find solutions to complex problems by looking outside of just coding through it.
- Expand the editing capabilities of our content management systems.
- Work independently on complex technical challenges and problems.
- Participate in code review and testing, while driving development solutions to have consistent practices and reusable code.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and processes, and contribute to the evolution of our codebase.
To be successful, you must have:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with both non-technical and technical team members.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don't accept the status quo simply because "it's what we've always done." You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
- Natural curiosity. You're always looking to learn new skills and grow existing ones.
- Experience collaborating with designers.
- Comfort in the grey areas. You're adaptable and can deal with ambiguity and changing (& growing) priorities, with an eye for prioritization.
- Project management skills. You're able to break down large, complex tasks into smaller pieces, assess risks, define priorities, and collaborate with team members to meet deadlines.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had…
- Experience with Next.js, Gatsby, or similar frameworks.
- Experience developing custom Wordpress themes and Gutenberg blocks.
- Experience with build tools and CI processes.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you're reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we're transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We're bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they're successful we all win!