This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of an early-stage health-tech company. We are looking for a team member with experience in eyecare, and an interest in sales and business development to help scale our company nationally and internationally.
Care1 is an early-stage, revenue-generating healthcare technology company, that is changing the way eye doctors think about patient care.
We connect eye doctors (ophthalmologists and optometrists) via telemedicine, allowing them to screen, diagnose, and treat patients remotely using cloud-based software. In 5 years, we have grown to become embedded within the practices of over 60 eye doctors in 4 provinces across Canada, who use our platform to deliver care to over 10,000 patients every year. This makes Care1 one of the largest teleophthalmology networks worldwide.
Our ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate will have experience in, and have a passion for eyecare. They will have a demonstrable interest in business development and e-commerce. Sales and marketing experience is required. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and grit is a must.
If you are motivated by working in healthcare technology; and are excited about having a pivotal role in an early-stage company with excellent career growth opportunities, this may be the position for you!
- Support sales and marketing efforts for the company’s existing services
- Support the development and launch of new products and services
- Complete daily and weekly administrative tasks required to maintain the telemedicine clinic
- Support relationships with the company’s existing network of doctors and help establish new ones
- Help with the creation and launch of new marketing and sales activities
General Administration - Typing, emails, paperwork, bookkeeping
- Office Administration - Contacting physician offices by email and phone to introduce them to Care1 and explain the benefits of using our service
- Communications - Create and implement communications plans and activities to keep new and existing Care1 users to informed and engaged. Developing marketing programs, patient brochures, newsletters, website updates.
- Event Coordination - Regularly organize, schedule and host Care1 talks and conferences in different cities in Canada that bring together medical professionals to discuss telemedicine
- Onboarding - Helping doctors that are new to Care1 by completing paperwork, sending emails, helping with training (all done via email).
- Mandatory: 1 year of experienced in eyecare, medicine, healthcare or a pharmacy
- Mandatory: 1-2 years of sales, marketing or business development experience
- Mandatory: 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Desired: experience in technology
- Interest in working completely remotely from home, self-motivated
- Access at home to a fast computer with high-speed internet access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English)
- Strong computer skills – email, typing, and spreadsheets.
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Interest and strength in adapting to constantly changing responsibilities
- Extremely proactive, self starter mentality with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast paced environment.
- This is a full-time position.
- Rare opportunity to join a high-tech start-up that is both early-stage and revenue-generating. We’re not just another tech start-up, we’re in the exploding field of healthcare technology, delivering real patient care to real patients.
- All of the work is done via telecommuting using a computer at home.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Room for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time