We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager responsible for the successful execution of our organizations strategic objectives and aggressive growth strategy. Working out of our Okanagan Falls location, this role requires an innovative manager to develop and mentor a team of talented people.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Engineering Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of design by the engineering department. The role will be in charge of leading engineering for the goal to successfully implement the designs developed to meet our client’s and all regulatory requirements. The Engineering Manager defines and oversees solutions to technical problems and is responsible for job planning and quality production as they pertain to engineering. This position is accountable for the processes of design, and continuous development of equipment and people on the engineering team.
Responsibilities include maintaining and updating Unit Electrical Engineering’s mechanical, electrical & design standards so all engineering staff follows the same methodologies. Fostering a positive team environment to handle all engineering work executed by the team.
The successful candidates will have:
- Registration with APEGBC as P.Eng.
- Bachelor’ degree in Engineering required.
- Masters degree in Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- 5 Years of leadership experience required.
- Organizational and time management skills to develop schedules and estimate engineering/design work-hours for all engineering tasks.
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to engineer and non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards.
- Work experience designing HV substations, MV and LV distribution systems, and large electrical systems required, including power, protection and control systems.
- Experience in the electrical design of Hydroelectric plants and Mining (surface and underground) systems an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of required code for operation’s geographical area.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Effective leadership skills required.
- Some travel required
Team work, recognition and innovation are fundamentals of how we work as an organization. Respect, integrity and commitment are entrenched in our core values. You will fit well into our team if you believe in these as well.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter citing salary expectations .
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’ degree in Electrical Engineering is required: 5 years (Required)
- Okanagan Falls, BC (Required)
- P.Eng (Required)