As an integrated health provider, WorkCare is at the forefront of helping employers meet the challenges of managing today’s workforce. WorkCare is owned by a physician who, along with a team of allied credentialed health professionals, provide strategic and tactical consulting services and programs to:
- Improve workforce productivity
- Enhance employee health
- Maintain regulatory compliance
- Mitigate health-cost drivers
- Advocate positive health behaviors
We encourage employee growth and professional development and believe in the value of life-long learning. Employee input into our business is valued as we believe that everyone has a unique role to play.
We are currently looking for a full time Occupational Health Nurse - Telephonic Triage to work from home in Canada (open to candidates from all Provinces)
This position is focused on using a new approach to helping employees return to work. The primary responsibility of this position is to facilitate appropriate and timely health care with the focus on employee return-to-work and the return to maximum functionality. This is accomplished by providing the assessment and guidance at the time of a workplace injury telephonically.
The nurse utilizes evidence-based guidelines and employs best practices that require early intervention and setting of realistic expectations for recovery and return to work.
- Provide initial injury intake, follow up and case closures
- Provide initial contact with injured worker, employer, provider and other appropriate stakeholders
- Obtain history of present injury and triage to most appropriate level of care
- Evaluate injury against current job functions, determines mechanism of injury, and takes related medical history
- Provides guidance regarding self-care or first aid
- Interacts with on-site medical personnel, client Human Resources, Health and Safety staff, local medical providers and other designated personnel for proper initiation and follow-up of possible work-related injuries and illnesses
- Serves as an advocate for the injured/ill worker during the recovery process; provides support, information, and education to improve the employee’s knowledge about their health and self-care, and enhances their understanding of the health care treatment plan and process with the goal of safe return to work
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a valid RN license
- Must have passed the NCLEX-RN exam and be eligible to get nursing license in the United States
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is highly preferred
- Strong clinical knowledge with the ability to be trained in Case Management and Occupational Health
- Telephonic case management experience preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health, CCM/Disability Management desired
- Must have positive telephone interaction skills including ability to ask open-ended questions to identify problems and focus conversation for goal directed and time limited conversation
- Must be able to interact effectively with HR, safety staff, local medical providers and other designated personnel for proper initiation and follow up of possible work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills with the ability to type and talk simultaneously
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) beneficial
Job Type: Full-time